Friday, July 17, 2009

Selfishness

Selfishness is basically saying, "mine mine mine" all the time. A lot of the times, people are selfish. It's human nature. Ok there are people who aren't selfish, who give and give and give and give with a smile without asking for anything in return. But you know what? I was once a person like that and I was slowly taken advantage of. "Could you do me a favour please?" or "I'm soo hungry...you have any money I could borrow?" Yup I heard stuff like that for a long time, and have been accused of being "too nice". I just got sick of it. What the hell am I doing? It's the same thing as selling yourself!!!! So I tried stopping. It didn't work. Reason? Simple, I grew up as a person who was submissive and docile. When a person says smile, I smile. When they say cry, I cry. AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A stupid cycle that I desparately want to break out of. Oh and I tried. You know what? I got called selfish because of that!! My friends say I'm too nice and should have some kind of attitude so I'm not taken advantage by other people. But the other side says I'm too selfish and should learn to give more. The other side says I should smile all the time even when I'm being forced into something I don't want to do! The other side says I should obey every order with a yes or a no!! The other side says that is the meaning of respect. Apparently the phrase, "You have to earn respect," doesn't exist anymore. Respect needs to be given freely now. 15 years I put up with this. I tried to control my temper, be docile and good. Well I'm sorry I can't do this anymore ok?? There is so much more of this I can take and now I've reached my limit. I'm changing and the world is too. People who can't accept it have to learn how to. That's all I can say...

1 comment: