Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Invisible, yet Noticeable

I should have seen it. I did actually, yet I couldn`t fully grasp comprehend it. Their condescending smiles every time I looked with awe or fear, the superior flame in their eyes when I agreed without a word. Maybe that`s why I`m like this...submissive, and complacent. I`m never in position to ask questions, at least that is what I always think. Stay down, keep a low profile, don`t argue. That has been my motto, the words I repeat over and over in my mind. I must remind myself of this. If I stray from this rule, life becomes more comlplicated and I am misunderstood. Why do I care though? Why must keep blindly following orders from people other than myself? It`s not just the people who have authority, but even people whom I not even close too.
``Oh, could you get this for me?`` ``Please go down.``
Their orders are sugarcoated with manners, but I know what they`re really thinking. That I`m so easy and gullible. I found a way out of that. I let myself go. I wasn`t going to deal with this anymore. I was going to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment